Abuse Relationship Support

Joy Bringer Blog is to offer support and information to those who find themselves in an abusive realtionship.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

With Tender Hand

Another verse from the hymn, “He Lifted Me”, that I want to share with you today:
“His brow was pierced with many a thorn,
His hands by cruel nails were torn
When from my guilt and grief forlorn,
In love He lifted me.”

Something that really helped me when I was spending more time crying than anything else, was the realization that Jesus “was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief” – I don’t know how that hits you – but it opened my eyes to know that I was not alone in my grief. It made me feel that maybe Jesus did care. He did, I just could not perceive it then. I want you to know that abuse is very real and there are no “pat” answers. Christians have all sorts of “remedies” for us that when we hear we just want to scream – “shut up” you don’t know what you’re saying, it doesn’t work for me.” When Jesus came to the tomb of Lazarus it says, “He wept.” He did not weep because Lazarus was dead or because He did not know what to do – He wept with his friends as he experienced their grief! I just want you to know today that HE feels your griefs, His heart is touched with your pain. I know our Savior cares. May this thought bring comfort to your dear heart today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home